Sardines in Organic Tomato Sauce
Fresh sardines, selected exclusively in the best season, to obtain the best specimens. Handmade according to the traditional Portuguese method and accompanied by a delicious organic tomato sauce.
- HEALTHY AND NUTRITIOUS FISH
- HAND-PREPARED WITH ORGANIC TOMATOES
- The best specimens of sardines (sardina pilchardus walbaum) caught on the Atlantic coast.
- Blue fish of high nutritional value.
- Selected and canned by hand according to the traditional Portuguese method.
- Sardines covered in tomato sauce of excellent quality and taste.
Sardine (70,8%), water, organic tomato (7%), refined olive oil and salt
|Energia||588 kJ / 140 kcal|
|dos quais saturados||2,3 g||Hidratos de carbono||0,8 g|
|dos quais açucares||0,7 g|
|Fibra alimentar:||0 g|
- Sardines are a fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids that promote cholesterol regulation and help the circulatory system.
- They have a high calcium content, because when the can is subjected to a thermal sterilization process, the spine softens and the calcium passes into the fish meat.
- In addition to calcium, sardines are high in proteins, vitamins and other minerals.
Name of the food: Whole Sardines in Organic Tomato Sauce
Country of origin: Portugal
Operator’s name: A POVEIRA S.A.
Operator Address: Parque Industrial de Laúndos, Lote 46 4570-311 Laúndos Póvoa de Varzim (Portugal)
Sanitary Register: ES 12.06648 / C CE
Sardines in organic tomato sauce Minerva
The sardine is one of the most popular fish in Portugal. They are generally about 14 cm long and are characterized mainly by the silver scales on their bellies, which they use to reflect light and blind predators. They are found in the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea in large migratory banks.
The sardines are caught by the encircling fishing method, a method in total respect for the environment.
The sardines for La Gondola conserves are caught at the best time of the season, between September and November, the period in which the sardines reach their maximum size and fat. At the factory they are selected and canned by hand, adding a delicious tomato sauce to give the conserves more flavour and texture. The sardines at La Gondola are faithful to the traditional Portuguese manufacturing tradition. According to this method, the fish is pre-cooked before being canned and, to finish the process, it is sterilised at a temperature of 118ºC, guaranteeing the conservation of the product.
Canned in a 120g tin format.
Conservation, use and harmonization
These tinned sardines may be stored in a dry and fresh place, without needing to be put in the refrigerator. They may be eaten directly from the can, with or without accompaniment, without the need of cooking or preparation. Once the can is opened, if not completely consumed, it is recommended to remove the sardines and store them in the refrigerator for a maximum of 48 hours.
It is recommended to consume at room temperature as an appetizer, accompanied by red wine or just in a sandwich as an easy and nutritious snack.