Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Tomato
La Gondola Skinless and boneless sardines loins. Sardine fished in the Atlantic coast, selected, cleaned and prepared by the hands of our experienced workers and with a delicious tomato sauce.
- HEALTHY, NUTRITIVE FISH
- PERFECT FOR KIDS’ SNACK
- Sardines of the species Sardina pilchardus, or commonly known as European Sardine, caught in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The sardine fishing season occurs between May and November.
- Sardines covered with tomato sauce of great quality and taste and olive oil.
Sardine (70%), water, tomato (7%), sunflower oil and salt
|Energia||639 kJ / 153 kcal|
|dos quais saturados||2 g||Hidratos de carbono||1,2 g|
|dos quais açucares||1,2 g|
|Fibra alimentar:||0 g|
- Sardines are blue fish with a high content of high biological value proteins that take care of bone and muscle health.
- Sardines are a fish low in saturated fat and high in polyunsaturated fat.
- They contain a high level of omega-3 fatty acids which help regulate cholesterol and triglycerides.
- They have a high concentration of vitamin B12 which plays an essential role in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system and in the formation of blood and some proteins. It is a good source of calcium.
Name of the food: Skinless and boneless sardines in tomato sauce
Country of origin: Portugal
Operator’s name: A POVEIRA S.A.
Operator address: Parque Industrial de Laúndos, Lote 46 4570-311 Laúndos Póvoa de Varzim (Portugal)
Health Register: PT C 249 1P CE
Skinless and Boneless Sardines in Tomato La Gondola
Sardines (Sardina pilchardus) are a type of blue fish that belongs to the clupeidae family. They’re elongated fish with a characteristic silver color in the belly, which allows them to reflect the light and blind the predators. They feed on plankton, small fish, crustaceans and eggs from other species and are mainly found in the Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea, at depths of 15-50 meters, in large migrating banks. They have a very tasty meat, rich in nutrients like clacium, iodine, proteins, omega 3 and vitamins.
To obtain this product, it is used the Portuguese fishing techniques, sustainable and protective of the marine environment.
La Gondola skinless and boneless sardines are made by the most experienced workers in our factory.
The best sardines are chosen for this production, the largest and with more fat, following the process of removal of the spine by hand with a clamp.
After pre-cooking, the workers remove the skin also by hand, leaving the sardine loin intact, being placed inside the can very delicately.
Finally, the product is sprinkled with high quality tomato sauce, a perfect combination with taste and properties of this fish.
The can is submitted to a temperature of 118ºC to reach its complete sterilization and guarantee that no microorganism alters the preservation or properties of the product.
It is offered in the individual 120g weight can format.
Conservation and harmonization
The La Gondola skinless and boneless sardines in tomato can does not need to be kept in the fridge; it should be stored in a cool, dry place. They’re ready to consume, without need for any type of culinary preparation. In case it’s not consumed in its entirety, it is recommended to take the product out of the can and keep it in the fridge for a maximum of 48 hours. Before opened, the can has a validity of 5 years.
It’s an ideal preserve for a children’s meal, since it doesn’t have skin or bone and is, at the same time, a healthy, nutritive food.